Friday, September 7, 2007

We have arrived!!

Namaste Friends and Family- After a long and arduous journey across the Pacific, we have arrived in Kathmandu. We are rested after 12 hours of sleep and settled in, enjoying spending time with Sudhir's family and friends. The summer monsoon season is still pushing through with heavy, heavy rains the past couple of days, but soon the skies should clear and cooler weather will arrive. Rachel is learning more Nepali each day with her in-laws patiently teaching her all the time. We are enjoying every morsel of Sudhir's mother's home cooking. Rachel is in a crash-course for Nepali cooking with her loving mother-in-law!! We are planning our trekking trip for early October to Annapurna region and we have other travel plans in the works. We will be getting internet at the house within the next few days, so stay tuned for new pictures of Kathmandu and personal emails to each of you when we have more time. Hope all is well in the States. We are missing home, but enjoying every minute of our trip so far. (ok- truth is that we didn't enjoy all 22 hours in the Bangkok airport due to flight cancellation!!) Anyways, we are here now and would love to be in touch as much as possible. Take care.
Pheri Betaula! Love Rachel & Sudhir

6 comments:

Dad said...

Can't wait to see some pictures (I'll pass on the ones from the Bangkok airport). All is well here. Bill says Hi! We miss you.

Love, Dad

Wayne said...

So glad to see a new posting on your web site. When you see that there have been over 1,000 "hits" on your web counter - it's only been me hitting the "refresh" button on my browser! :)

Learn some good recipes so you can cook some awesome food for us next spring in Cali!

Wayne

Betsy said...

Amazing to imagine you over there! Say hello to those mountains for me. It is 31 degrees here (that's celsius, about 90 F) in Montreal. I am glad you guys posted those photos- they are fabulous. It is so fun that you are such good photographers!! Keep it up- we are axiously waiting! :)

Lucinda said...

glad to hear that you are safely in Nepal...can't wait to see some pictures!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear you guys got stuck in bangkok. Seeing the Swayambhu picture made me home sick since I used to be able to see it from my balcony. I hope my friends up in Swayambhu didn't bother you guys that much ;).

Rachel if you make me Cha-ta Mhari next time I see. Then I'd say you have passed the Nepali/Newari cooking :). No pressure.

BTW, this idea of blogging is excellent. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

I don't know why the name comes at CG but that's me Sagun